Safety Intern - Operations - Antigo, WI
Location: Antigo, WI
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Position Type: Full Time
ABOUT THE JOB!
The Safety Intern will have an opportunity to work with safety programs and implement safety policies and procedures.
- Reviews specific safety programs and collaborates with the Operations Team in developing, implementing, and coordinating training for each program.
- Works with the Safety Committees to assist in coordinating and completing their goals.
- Completes safety related projects as assigned by Safety Coordinator and Operations Team.
- Examines potential locations and activities where accidents could occur and proactively address the situation in conjunction with the Operations Management Team.
- Performs accident investigations and analyzes facts to determine the cause of the accident; assists in assuring that appropriate preventative action is taken.
- Works with Operations Management Team for implementation of safety policies and procedures.
In addition to the hands-on, meaningful work experience you will gain, our internship program also offers:
- Career development workshops
- Volunteer Opportunities to engage with the community
- Intern group outings
We will provide housing assistance for temporary relocation to the area.
Senior pursuing a degree in Occupational Safety or a safety related field preferred.
- You are collaborative and work well with others to achieve goals.
- You have strong organization and project management skills.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You work well in a team setting as well as independently.
Our Company Culture
Join Our Family
We’re a family company that’s growing fast. To make sure we don’t lose our sense of identity, we do our very best every day to live by our six core values: Family, Commitment, Authenticity, Ingenuity, Integrity and Humility.
We know it takes world-class talent to make the best cheese in the world. That’s why we function as a career destination, not just a stop along the road. We want talented people to come — and stay. So we focus on attracting the very best people up front, and then we emphasize education, training and promoting from within. This creates a stimulating environment for growth and upward mobility. How much you achieve is up to you.